Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How to Welcome Our 2014

This was my first time to celebrate new year with my boyfriend's family (Gerolaga / Esguerra Family). I was a bit frustated about their traditions for this occasion. I kept on asking questions on my BF. Like:
-What am I gonna wear?
-Do we need to go outside the house/inside?
-When do you eat,before or after the 12mn?

    Sometimes, it was really hard for us to adapt in a certain group of people especially to the family of your bf/gf. We don't wanna have a bad impression to them.

   So far, it became a memorable one for me. Morning of the 31st, I cooked Dinuguan (I got its recipe from my Aunt), my second time to cook it all by myself. I really pursued myself to wake up early so that I could get pork blood for my recipe.
And my BF said it was great (cause the first time I cooked it was "Chambahan" only). I haven't got the chance to take some photo of it😬 
   For the lunch, we ate menudo(best menudo recipe I'd ever taste!). It has pineapple tidbits and raisins. I felt like heaven!!! My little boy had 3/4 cup of rice! 
   For dinner/media noche, we had spaghetti, graham and lumpiang shanghai. My BF's Aunt had the beat recipe ever! Her spaghetti was  tasted like McDonalds'.
  After we ate, we did the best part of this occasion, to light our Lusis!


No comments:

Post a Comment